 Off-Topic / Debate / 515
Re: Frog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:03:03 GMT

Selçuk wrote:

Actually I first read "Starship Titanic" (2), fall in love
with it, and from the foreword, I saw hhgttg was also written by the same
author, instantly I remembered a nice guy that I like reading his postings
just because they are full of sense of humor (of mine way) and generally OT,
randomly talking about it on RTL/lugnet,  then go and buy all the series,
and another one something like "Holy Investigation Office" (3) (just quick
and dirty translation from Turkish Name).

That would be "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency".  If the
translator
translated "holistic" to Turkish-for-"holy", then you might be better
off to
read the English language originals.

(2) (3) All the ones that I could find in several book stores  are hhgttg
series (5 books), ST, and Holy something. are there any more?

There is also "The Long Dark Tea-time of the Soul", a sequel to DG'sHDA.

Until this moment I had been entirely unaware of "Starship Titanic".
I'll
have to start combing the local bookstores.  Thanks.

I've observed (from asides and parenthetical remarks) that these groups
are populated by several Terry Pratchett fans. If you like Douglas
Adams,
chances are pretty good you'll like PTerry (who does to
Swords-and-Sorcery
what Adams did to Sci-Fi).  (Check out alt.fan.pratchett.)
--
Steve Jacquot
sj5w@virginia.edu