 Off-Topic / Debate / 4966
Re: Trying to understand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 17:12:07 GMT

I have this silly picture in my mind of a western showdown at high noon, where
the two participants square off.  Crowds gather.  Sweat drips down their • faces.
Steely eyes glare unblinkingly.  Fingers twitch, waiting for the other guy to
make the first move (why you would want to wait on the other guy is beyond me,
but let's go with the flow).  Suddenly hands flash, slap leather, cut down
barrels glint, then one guy starts speed-dialing his combination lock while • the
other rifles through his key ring.    The crowd yawns and slowly disperses...
:-)

Bruce

That IS rather an amusing tableaux! Thanks.

As to why you wait for the other guy, according to all the western lore I
absorbed from all those movies, it's so that you are acting in self defense, he
started it... seems rather a fine/dubious point to me. Swallowing camels and
straining at gnats, as it were.

++Lar