 Off-Topic / Debate / 4989
Re: Trying to understand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 21:13:29 GMT

I have this silly picture in my mind of a western showdown at high noon, • where
the two participants square off.  Crowds gather.  Sweat drips down their • faces.
Steely eyes glare unblinkingly.  Fingers twitch, waiting for the other guy to
make the first move (why you would want to wait on the other guy is beyond • me,
but let's go with the flow).  Suddenly hands flash, slap leather, cut down
barrels glint, then one guy starts speed-dialing his combination lock while • the
other rifles through his key ring.    The crowd yawns and slowly disperses...
:-)

Bruce

That IS rather an amusing tableaux! Thanks.

As to why you wait for the other guy, according to all the western lore I
absorbed from all those movies, it's so that you are acting in self defense, • he
started it... seems rather a fine/dubious point to me. Swallowing camels and
straining at gnats, as it were.

Hey,...isn't that from the Bible? :0)  Sorry...couldn't help it.

Bill

++Lar