 Off-Topic / Debate / 4924
Re: one of the many reasons I think Slashdot sucks now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:48:25 GMT

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:26:31 GMT, Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com>
wrote:

Contrast this with the LUGNET article scoring mechanism, in which any single
person can only move a message up or down by at most 25% (if they're the ONLY
one casting an opinion) and by much less than that once several opinions have
been cast.  The LUGNET article scoring system will be averages-based.

Well, I shoulda known you would come up with something better.  I
still think the human part of the equation could degenerate to
Slashdot-like levels, but you will probably control it better.

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html