 Off-Topic / Debate / 4921
  one of the many reasons I think Slashdot sucks now

What is it with Slashdot? With all the idiots on there now moderating their trolls and crap up and other things that are valid but don't agree with them down it's like some stupid popularity contest. Makes me wonder if "article scoring" here might (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: one of the many reasons I think Slashdot sucks now

(...) Slashdot has a major design flaw in its scoring paradigm: Any single moderator can move a message "up or down the ladder" by 20% (one point on a five-point scale, excepting -1). That's too much sway. What's worse, the Slashdot moderation (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: one of the many reasons I think Slashdot sucks now

(...) If it fails, I'll take all the blame. But if it works, I can't take all the credit; there was a big thread last week with lots of good ideas from other people. --Todd (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: one of the many reasons I think Slashdot sucks now

(...) Well, I shoulda known you would come up with something better. I still think the human part of the equation could degenerate to Slashdot-like levels, but you will probably control it better. (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)