 Off-Topic / Debate / 4861
  Re: (Movie) Mission to Mars

(...) Carl Sagan observed in an interview about 10 years ago that the "Space Race" was over, and that the U.S. had lost. In the grand scheme, the moon landing, though great propaganda, was less significant than the long-term manned missions of the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: (Movie) Mission to Mars

Arguably, we went to the moon about 10 years too early using the man in a can technology. DynaSoar would have been a much better way to go and we'd now have a big industrial infrastructure in LEO and commercial flights from NY to Tokyo in 5 hours or (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)