 Off-Topic / Debate / 4792
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 02:22:43 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <38C9898F.27C595B8@voyager.net>...
Go ahead and try to prove that America/Atheism/Capitalism (I shan't
defend Capitol-ism as I think there isn't much good coming from the US
Capitol these days :-) ) consistently produces flawed people. *Produces*
mind you, not just suffers to exist. My assertion, now that you've
pushed me into making it instead of letting sleeping dogs lie, is that
christianity is indeed a system that produces flawed people,
consistently, because to practice it is to be morally flawed.

That's right, it's actively bad for people to be christian and the more
christian they are, the worse off they are. Further, it's actively bad
for a society to be influenced by christianity and the more influenced
it is, the worse off it is. IMHO.

I guess it really depends on one's definition of Christian. By my definition
of Christian, I see people who were quite devout who have done good for the
world, and continue to provide a good influence to the world. Of course many
Christians would denounce these same people as non-Christian, and even many
non-Christians would not consider them Christian.

Frank