 Off-Topic / Debate / 4781
Re: 1. Vs. Original Sin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 00:22:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
An article of my church's faith declares that
"we belive that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's
transgression."
I don't recall such a thing in any other creed. Is this article of
faith meant to quibble with or clarify Paul? Not sure myself whether
Paul is as important to Mormons, [...]

Paul is very important to us.  However, for all his enthusiasm, he was only
human.  He certainly became very excited about some things, and much of what he
said is doctorine to us, but he wasn't terribly clear about many things as
well.

Erm, so I guess it's a clarification of Paul's words.

A wide variety of Christians organize insidious events titled
"Vacation Bible School" where they invite everyone from 5 years and up
to face the fact that they are naughty by nature.

Wow.  That's incredible.  How many religions do this?  Not to be -- well, okay,
I'm skeptical.  It's just -- this sounds like you putting more chum into the
water.

Now, Naughty by Nature -- wasn't that some horrid bubblegum-pop rap group from
the early '90s?

Cheers,
- jsproat