 Off-Topic / Debate / 4782
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 00:38:46 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
Excellent question. Flip answer is that we tolerate anything except
intolerance, acted upon in a way that suppresses rights. As you point
out 3 sentences on.

IIUYC, you're saying that Libertarians are intolerant of intolerance.

No.

I forgot the winky smilie!  If that had actually been what you were saying,
it would make a nice paradox.  :)  One of my favorite bumber stickers is,
"Down with Intolerance!"  :)

Only intolerance acted upon in a way that suppresses rights. We even
tolerate someone discrminiating who he will sell scissors to because he
only likes right handed people and can't tolerate lefties, as long as
there are no governmental barriers to entry to the scissors market.

How about a governmental ban on the sale of left-handed guns to right-handed
minors?  ;-)

--Todd