 Off-Topic / Debate / 4754
  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) Ouch, Larry. >:-P (...) I know it was a joke, but bear with me for a moment... Would Libertarians be tolerant of my lifestyle if I were to become a tyrranical conquorer bent upon stamping out Libertarianism and setting up camp on your private (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) Excellent question. Flip answer is that we tolerate anything except intolerance, acted upon in a way that suppresses rights. As you point out 3 sentences on. (...) Rather narrowly from my observation. (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) IIUYC, you're saying that Libertarians are intolerant of intolerance. --Todd (24 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) No. Only intolerance acted upon in a way that suppresses rights. We even tolerate someone discrminiating who he will sell scissors to because he only likes right handed people and can't tolerate lefties, as long as there are no governmental (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) I forgot the winky smilie! If that had actually been what you were saying, it would make a nice paradox. :) One of my favorite bumber stickers is, "Down with Intolerance!" :) (...) How about a governmental ban on the sale of left-handed guns (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) Since we are in .off-topic anyway... Speaking of bumper stickers, I saw a great one today... It's a bright red sticker that reads "If this sticker is blue, you are driving too fast!" ObReligion: If you got that joke, thank a science teacher; (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) you (...) I saw that one last week and about split a gut. Then I had to get off the shoulder and back into my lane... Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Intolerance and property rights

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <38C99133.A47A4F64@v...er.net>... (...) I'm a bit curious as to how patents fit into this scheme. One the one hand, it is clearly good to protect the investment that went into an invention (both "dollars" and the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Intolerance and property rights

(...) This came up before and I don't have a satisfactory answer. I think one is out there, I just haven't taken the time to catalog all the stakeholders and determine their rights. My knee jerk was that IP *is* property. So you have the right not (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)