 Off-Topic / Debate / 4750
Re: 3. What exactly is bigotry? More definitions. Trolling admitted.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 19:56:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
I have a profound and irrational dislike for homosexuals in general, due to a
harsh experience I had with a gay boss and his mate during my high school
job.  I recognize this bias as a flaw in my own character, and something to
always be aware of.  The majority of gays I've met are nowhere near as trashy
as this couple (in fact most have been extremely kind and understanding), and
I'm slowly getting over it.

How differently do you imagine that you would feel today if you had never had
that harsh experience with your gay boss and his mate?

Show me, in scientific and reasonable terms, the advantage to homosexuality.
I don't think there is any.

I believe that God created bisexuality, homosexuality, and sexuality in
animals and humans for a very good reason.

(Oops, that's not a scientific reason.)

How can you defend homosexuality with reason?  I don't think you can.

How can you attack homosexuality with reason?  I don't think you can.

Homosexuality is irrational, having more to do with emotion and bias than
anything else IMO.  (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Is homosexuality any more irrational than heterosexuality or asexuality?

(Don't try to suggest that homosexuality is irrational because its result
is fewer progeny.  Individual organisms in a deme often sacrifice their own
genetic materials for the better good of the deme.  Insect populations and
tribes are excellent examples.)

OTOH, I can think of two or three medical reasons why *some* homosexual
activities can be harmful, but they're not really an issue with responsible
parties.

Can you think of any medically harmful homosexual activity which wouldn't also
be medically harmful in heterosexual form?

Didn't think so.

--Todd