 Off-Topic / Debate / 4717
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 22:32:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:

So why is it that many Christians are so unforgiving in other peoples'
religions?  Especially towards Christians of other faiths.  It's sometimes
like being surrounded by a We're Better Than You Club.

Cheers,
- jsproat

I think that's the underlying problem with labels, and yet they are a necessary
evil. So many groups have been borne of a desire to be non-denominational and
unifying; then begin to focus on what makes them different from everyone else
to the degree that they become just like them. Yet, when you consider that the
subject matter is ultimate truth - you can understand all the fervency. The
head to head approach of many is entirely fruitless, though.

Bill