 Off-Topic / Debate / 4708
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 02:57:41 GMT

If you guys are happy with that stance, that's cool by me.

But you can't explain it away to my satisfaction. Your god is an unjust
god by my standards, and that's all that matters to me. Hence, he, if he
were to exist, he can blow off for all I care. If he'd like to smite me
right here and now in my hotel room in Cincinatti (if ever there was a
city screwed up by christianity, it's this one... you can't even find a
massage service in the phone book, even heavily disguised) he should
feel free. Since he's omniscient, he knows I just said that.

As I said before, although perhaps not in these exact words, if my
morality isn't good enough for him, and I have to rub mud in my navel
HIS way, he can bite me. And you can quote me on that, should the trumps
ever blow. I'll take my lumps.

We're on different wavelengths about where morality comes from, and
whether we can try to be good without letting ego get in the way, and
whether we own our bodies, and a host of other stuff so trying to
convert me is a waste of your time, go after someone less sure of
himself...

To repeat, I reject a god that gives a pass to murderers. And you should
too. But you sure don't have to if you don't want to.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!