 Off-Topic / Debate / 4663
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 06:28:06 GMT

Why is this so? If non-Christians think it is such a waste of time
why waste so much time trying to disprove it?

Because christianity is one of the most obnoxious religions in many
different ways,

Ok, I'm a Christian, but I have to agree with Larry here.  Some of us are
really obnoxious!  It's hard for me to walk across my campus on Friday nights
because the "missionaries" from Bob Jones U(which I understand has been in the
news lately with the current political candidates) are always trying to convert
me to Christianity.

"No thanks guys, no need to save me tonight," I say, sometimes as much as 6-7
times per night depending on the path I take around campus.  Oh yeah, of course
I occasionally stop and waste some time listening to the sales pitch.  It's
fun!  Yep, THAT'S what we do for fun on Friday nights here, pester the kids
from Bob Jones. :)

and shutting it down might result in a little less strife and
more freedom for everyone?
  Ok, I can see your point.  Fortunately I disagree.

Ben Roller