 Off-Topic / Debate / 4627
Re: Is God gay? (was Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 07:30:26 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Peter Callaway writes:
Just a selection of the usual Biblical references. Maybe I'm just being
fundamentally inflexible, but I can't see how these people can believe this,
given that the Bible is clear on this issue.

Actually, its not so clear if you consider what is known as "pseudographia" --
the books selected out by Peter and the other late-comers (some of these were
200 years later late-comers).  I, like others in this mad thread, have
forgotten and have no immediate access to my sources for these assertions.
Nonetheless, the exact nature of the sins contemplated in the many passages
you cite are often considered as questionable as the scriptural references
themselves -- just as is all the stuff justifying Peter's supposed preeminence
amongst the apostles.

Before assuming anything about scripture, I would want more information.  I
certainly recommend reading translations of the Nag Hammadi Library, and the
Dead Sea Scrolls, and so forth.  The scrolls have a lengthy passage about the
manner in which Noah admired his wife's breasts told in the first person (if
memory serves).  What a guy, that Noah!  A man after my own heart...

I dunno.  For no particular reason I have some difficulty with the idea of gay
people wanting to be Christian -- somehow it seems absurd to me.  Then again,
I have trouble trying to imagine why anyone would want to be Christian.  Don't
get me wrong, I like Jesus -- he said some great stuff.  But you Christians
are another breed altogether...I think Jesus himself would think so too.

Haven't you gay people got anything better to do?

I mean, you have Lego to play with when all else fails!!!

=P

-- Richard