 Off-Topic / Debate / 4550
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 02:10:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Markus Wolf writes:
There are truths that supersede science and most people who wholeheartedly
deny that probably either go insane or commit suicide.  (at least thats what
my philosophy instructor informed us that many did)

I think the more we build up the idea of love, the more disappointed we are in
how it plays out in reality.  By accepting a more science-based view, I feel I
have something closer to the truth of it and I am therefore not disappointed
in my expectations.

And are you actually asserting by this reference to authority that people who
refuse to believe in the intangible assertions of others are more likely to go
insane?  Trust me, I am all the happier to have both feet planted firmly on
the ground -- even if that's all there is...

-- Richard