 Off-Topic / Debate / 4544
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 01:22:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Markus Wolf writes:
That's great for them, but I dare anyone to measure a pint of love or a
pound of hate that I know exists but can't be proven.

I would suggest that its a conceit of your ego that these "things" exist.

Love is probably just your nervous system "grooving" with someone else's
nervous system.

There are lots of popular "scientific" views now that "love" is largely a
chemical reaction that last usually no more than 5-6 years.  Just enough time
to bear and bring children out of their most vulnerable state.

-- Richard

    I knew that somehow you could boil it down to a mechanical apparatus if
you wanted to.  But in my heart I've gotta believe that we're more than just
really sophisticated amoebas (no nitpicking please!)  There are truths that
supersede science and most people who wholeheartedly deny that probably either
go insane or commit suicide.  (at least thats what my philosophy instructor
informed us that many did)

On that note, have a great day!
Markus