 Off-Topic / Debate / 455
454  |  456
Subject:
Good things about E-Bay ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 19:57:46 GMT

(No this is not intended to be flame bait)

I recently sold several older toys that I had obtained about 15 years
ago, and I had _NO_CLUE_ on a value of these.  (BTW, they were
Zoids by Tomy)

The _ONLY_ reason I decided to go with EBay v. direct selling,
is the large mass of people who, unlike most of us, like EBay.  There
was bound to be someone looking for these things ... and I wanted
the $$$ for a 8880 ... :)

During and after the auction, I found out about what they're worth, and
was quite pleased with the results.

So ... to pretty much sum it up ... if you are a seller of items, EBay
is
probably an OK thing ...
If you are a buyer, EBay allows people to go just over your bid.

A really good thing for EBay would be to extend the auction by 15 min
for every bid within the last hour.  So, if I place a bid at :45 left,
then there
is now 1 hour left ... if I attempted to snip someones bid at the last
seconds,
there would be a 15 min buffer for someone do the same thing to me.

That would cut down a lot of 'bad' feelings about the auctions of EBay.

--
Lee Jorgensen, Programmer/Analyst - Bankoe Systems, Inc.
mailto://jorgensen@bankoe.moc  <-- reverse moc