 Off-Topic / Debate / 4483
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 03:53:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Peter Callaway writes:

It spins me out no end that God cares about us all. Imagine your greatest
hero, moviestar, musicstar, etc, someone who you'd do anything to meet. Then
imagine actually seeing them somewhere (say, walking down the red carpet to
the next Oscar's) and they stop and say "Hi Dan, how are you? Want to join me
tonight? I've got a spare seat". Multiply that out the window, and that's how
I feel about God's interest in me. God does care about us, He's shown this on
numerous occasions. We are His creations. You don't create life and then toss
it out in the garbage bin.

hurmph.  I have still yet to see anything that tells me that God "cares" (not
to mention exists).  The only reason that I can't say I don't believe in god is
that I admit the possibility that such a being does exist, and it's beyond me
to comprehend it.  I've no proof one way or the other.

P.S. This political correctness thing with calling God "she" is pathetic.
Sorry if that offends people, but it is. God the Father, God the Son and God
the Holy Spirit. There is no mention anywhere in anyone's Bible of "she" when
referring to God, not by Himself, Jesus, or anyone else. It's not sexist, it's
the way it is.

well now.  I've decided years ago that if there is such a thing as god, I'd
refer to it as a she, just because that will make things more interesting.  I
never said that said God is the one mentioned in the Bible, or the Koran, or
the Tora...  as my wife rightly points out, who cares what chromosomes God has,
if it's xx or xy?  why would god even have a gender?

"It's just the way it is"?  what way is that again?  is that what it says in
the book you're reading?  why would I believe that book, and not the one next
to it?

:)

Dan