 Off-Topic / Debate / 4464
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 23:14:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Peter Callaway writes:
They realised they were naked, and were full of shame.
  Because they were naked.  It doesn't say that they were ashamed of what they
did.  They said that they hid because they were naked.  If you think of it as
they are equal with God now (that they know everything like Him), they still
would have hid.  I'm equal with you, but if you come over when I'm naked, I'm
gonna hide.

A reocuring theme here, shame.
  I see your point, but it's not from the Bible.  The Bible doesn't say that
they were ashamed at all.  If anything, it only says that they were ashamed of
being naked.  It doesn't say that if God was naked he wouldn't be ashamed too.

Ben Roller

So God kicked them out. He was completely justified in doing that, because
they broke the rules.

"No, no, no", said God, "You go get your own dirt".
I've never heard that one, but I'm sure I'll repeat it. :D