 Off-Topic / Debate / 444
Re: Frog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 15:49:33 GMT

It is interesting that the only way you can justify your belief in absolute
morals is by appealing to god, an entity that cannot be proven to exist.
Note: I don't want to here any arguments over the existence of a supreme
being, If it's existance could be proven conclusivly then There wouldn't be
any need for you to prove it to me would there?

Actually, you have a good point.  Perhaps a Supreme Being _IS_ the only
absolute.
If one were not to acknowledge the existence of such, then there would be no
absolutes.
I can live with that (atheism).  I, however, do not concur, but I do have a
question for non-absolutists--From where does the desire to be moral (good)
come?  Is it merely utilitarian?

-John