 Off-Topic / Debate / 4438
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 21:36:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:

Consider this:  Lucifer was an angel before his fall, and one of the
brightest.  Literally, the son of the morning.  (1)  After his fall, he has
been working diligently towards thwarting all that is good, promoting
politics, etc.

But even after his fall, his powers are *still* significant.  And he didn't go
alone; he took a bunch with him into banishment.  I figure at least a few of
those fallen angels were nearly as powerful as Lucifer as well.  While they
aren't necessarily world-creating gods, they certainly have a nearly-god-like
influence over our lives.  So yes, compared to you and me, they are powerful
and arguably gods of some type.

Hmmmm, interesting.  I'm one who feels that Lucifer has no power (over the
living).  None.  Zip.  Nada.  All he can do is lie.  Assuming there is a devil.
Other than politicians.  OOoooooooooo.....   :-)

Bruce