 Off-Topic / Debate / 4437
Re: 4x2ReVu: 4950 Loader Dozer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 21:34:35 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kevin Wilson writes:

It's all a matter of usage. "homosexual" is the clinical term here, and
I wouldn't be offended by that, but the shortened term "homo" has been
used for so many years as a term of abuse that I think most N American
gays would find it offensive. Also depends on the context: in spite of
the original poster's "no offence, but..." I got the impression he was
*trying* to be offensive. ("no offence", to me, usually means "I know
this is offensive but I'm going to say it anyway and I don't want to get
flamed for it")

That's entirely what my reading of the situation was too. Top kudos for *not*
flaming him though - you showed infinately more restraint that I would have,
had I caught this thread earlier.

Richard