 Off-Topic / Debate / 4390
Re: 4x2ReVu: 4950 Loader Dozer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:07:29 GMT

Kevin Wilson <70641.507@compuserve.com> writes:

You may not realise that the term "homo" is generally taken to be
offensive, even when prefaced by "no offence, but..."

I find that somewhat surprising.  In Norway, the "correct" term is
"homofil", which is viewed as being somewhat clinical and hence is not
prefered.  "Homo", as a short version of "homofil", on the other hand,
is commonly the prefered term in the gay scene.  We also have a
"slang" word, "homse", which is more or less equivalent to "gay" in
English, I suppose.  "Homse" was probably originally offensive, but
is now rather neutral.

Fredrik