 Off-Topic / Debate / 4417
Re: Please, just end the entire thing! ( was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.council
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 20:31:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Erin Windross writes:
Hi,

I have a suggestion that would probably please the whole Lugnet group.
End this thread once and for all. (Note: I myself am not a folllower or
believer of any god, or religion) This thread is clogging up LUGnet (Also
note: LUGnet stands for Lego User Group NET, not Loud Urguments about God NET)
I also suggest people end the thread "Mormon Bashing Again", because LUGnet is
a place to talk about LEGO! Not the existence of Gods! So, if you would like
to talk about the existence of gods, there are PLENTY of other Newsgroups on
the web that are availiable to discuss this conterversial issue...just don't
discuss it here!

Thank you.

Hmm.  Erin, while I can understand some frustration about vast threads of
controversy, it's relevant to note that this conversation is happening exactly
where it's supposed to: lugnet.OFF-TOPIC.debate (emphasis mine).  Quoting
relevant text:

CHARTER/PURPOSE:

   lugnet.off-topic.debate (group):
      Off-topic (non-LEGO®) discussions: debates, controversies, etc.

   lugnet.off-topic.* (hierarchy):
      Off-topic (non-LEGO®) discussions.

One of the great things about Lugnet is that it IS compartmentalized, and if
you don't want to see these things, then don't read lugnet.off-topic.*

On a hunch, I'd guess that you're reading via the web interface, using
  http://www.lugnet.com/?n=*,-20&v=c
or a variant.  You might want to check out this page:
  http://www.lugnet.com/news/traffic/
which will let you read "by the group" only what you're interested.

I hope that helps!

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

[xfut:lugnet.admin.council]