 Off-Topic / Debate / 4401
Re: Mormon bashing again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:18:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Peter Callaway wrote:

A freind of mine recounts an interesting story. He went to a Jewish wedding
where one of the Bride and Groom's friends was asked to read from the Bible.
Knowing he was a Christian the father of the Groom watched like a hawk to make
sure nothing was read from the New Testament, so the friend carefully selected
a passage from the book of Isaiah. Well, the father flew off in a rage and
accused the friend of all sorts of anti-Semetic things because he thought the
friend was reading from the New Testament, until he pointed out the passage he
read from the Old Testament. I love that story.

I seem to remember that Isaiah is one of the major source of messianic
prophecy.  Sounds like the friend was carefully trying to provoke the
father of the groom.

Steve