 Off-Topic / Debate / 4282
    Re: Quiet in here —Lindsay Frederick Braun
   (...) up (...) the (...) the (...) vote (...) I've never registered under a party, btw--is that registration permanent (unless voluntarily changed), or does it have to be reinstated each election term? Or does that vary from state to state? (I know (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Quiet in here —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) In California, you remain a member of your party until you re-register. I don't know if it varies from state to state, it probably can, but I don't know if it actually does. California is a winner-take-all state: you win by one vote, you get (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Quiet in here —Susan Hoover
   (...) In Texas, the system is very simple. There is no "register under a party." You just register to vote, period. The registration is good for two years and automatically renews. You can register by mail, by picking up and filling a simple form (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)