 Off-Topic / Debate / 4188
Re: "Justice Probes eBay for Antitrust"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 16:30:00 GMT

On Sat, 5 Feb 2000 15:57:03 GMT, "Susan Olson" <so0s@earthlink.net>
wrote:

say right on to the DOJ and check it out before it becomes impossible for small
sellers to sell at ebaY in competition with power sellers and as the amount of
utter dreck for sale on ebaY increases (this includes the "not found in stores
[but available from Shop At Home] latest Lego sets phenomenon). If ebaY stays

I think I remember cases like this, maybe even cases where people got
real mad about it, but S@H itself normally labels these items "not
available in stores" itself it its catalog - why shouldn't eBay
sellers be able to do the same?

Yes, it irks me when someone buys items for 2 bucks at S@H (regular
price) and hawks them as rare and gets $10 for them, mainly because of
a lack of info on the bidder's part, but using a phrase right out of
the S@H catalog seems not so evil to me...

--
The parts you want and nothing else?