 Off-Topic / Debate / 4086
    Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)) —James Simpson
   (...) I'll admit that I flushed with patriotic indignation when I read Mr. Jezek's post. As a geographer, I can, however, concur with Mr. Jezek that the American public school system often does not equip students with an adequate understanding of (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)) —Mark Geddes
   "we saved your butts" That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, and I would bet most of the Americans who fought in WWII would agree. To say "We fought & died along side of you, in the fight for freedom" is more accurate. We're not talking (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)) —Jonathan Little
   (...) To say that the United States saved anybody's butt in WWII is ridiculous. I am American and have a tremendous amount of pride for the role that the US played in WWII but I wouldn't begin to think that the US saved anyone's butt. I personally (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)) —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) the (...) a (...) The war began in 1939. The U.S. joined at the end of 1941 (not exactly by choice, admittedly). The war continued on into 1945, so I have to disagree that the U.S. joined in towards the end. It's possible that Russia and (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)