 Off-Topic / Debate / 3997
3996  |  3998
Subject:
Good/Bad/Neutral (Was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:49:29 GMT

The opposition, on the other hand, basically hates themselves because
they say people are bad. To me that says a lot about your own self
esteem if you think everyone is bad. Why are you so down on yourself and
everyone else? Why not be happy?

:) This is another either-or trap. I don't believe that people are inherently
good, neither do I believe that people are inherently bad. Rather, I believe
that peoples actions and thoughts are moulded by the environmental and social
structures that they find themselves in.

Eg. In Libertopia, most people may act in 'good' ways because the system is set
up to encourage that behaviour - responsibility is rewarded, irresponsibility
is punished.

Or are you proposing that you either are good or bad, and have I just played
too much AD&D that I assert that we are born neutral?

Richard