 Off-Topic / Debate / 3967
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:52:50 GMT

<Fox8H5.9D4@lugnet.com> <FoxrLq.Cn8@lugnet.com>

Richard Franks wrote:

Hmm, maybe you could argue that it's the CEO's responsibility to maintain a
good corperate structure. Ie a company where an employee can't report a problem
without fear of reprisal is a BAD structure. So maybe getting in a new CEO,
whose responsibility was to create a new organisational structure would work?

That's basically what I was getting ready to say.

Who enforces all of this? Does government have the power to fire a CEO and tell
them to get a new one in to create a better structure?

No, the courts have the power to try and fine/punish them.  I don't
think they should be able to fire CEOs.  But, if they kept a CEO who'd
been found grossly negligent, next time around, I think the court should
find each of the stockholders guilty to whatever degree they owned the
company and fine the heck out of them too.

Chris