 Off-Topic / Debate / 387
Re: Frog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 23:06:57 GMT

Tim McSweeney wrote:

Maybe there isn't a scientifically defined line, and maybe the line that
does exist is not fixed for all of humanity or perhaps it even changes over
the life of a single individual. consider dogs? Some cultures consider this
food.  Some put them right up there with children.  I have a pet dog, but
I'd not be adverse to try Dog meat one day, not MY dog probably but a dog.

This is obviously the case, not just a maybe.  What I mean is that for
each person there is (presumably) a line of the sort described.  It does
change over a lifetime, it has for me.  It is different from culture to
culture.  Etc.  You suggest that the line isn't scientifically defined,
and maybe that's so, but then how is it defined?

If you don't eat people, but do eat cows merely because that's what your
parents did, I think that's a shame.  Why not explore the reasoning
behind it, and come up with a rational explanation for your actions, or
change them if you can not?

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks