 Off-Topic / Debate / 3760
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 14:03:51 GMT

<387CF961.42F012A7@cleanweb.net> <FoAIpx.I2u@lugnet.com>

James Brown wrote:

Why is it that "government will take advantage of whatever power we give to
them" is a valid view, when at the same time, 'corporations will take
advantage of whatever power we give to them' is not?

HI James,

Governments, corporations, charities, people, etc. will all (in general)
take and use as much power as is given to them.  But as Scott pointed
out, we don't give corporations the power to abuse us to the same
degree.  Or at least in the same ways.

Chris