 Off-Topic / Debate / 3666
Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 20:29:07 GMT

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 23:28:45 GMT, "John DiRienzo"
<ig88888888@stlnet.com> wrote:

Teachers who could care less!

ObPetPeeve: No we bloody well don't.

The expression is "couldn't care less", ya damn buffoon.

For whatever reason, this particular one _really_ grates. I suppoose
because you're saying exactly the opposite of what you're trying to
convey. There's plenty of foreigners reading along here, and even
participating, so don't do that. It confuses everyone who is not very
intimately familiar with United States idiom.

Jasper