 Off-Topic / Debate / 3638
Re: RFC: An Alternative..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 16:43:59 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Need to dig in deeper (over the weekend?) but...

I think this has a lot of merit. Not perfect. Nothing is. But better,
perhaps than what we have now. And not that different from Libertopia!
Where I see an area in need of further exploration is in how power is
applied and how funding works.

Thanks, Richard. Now I gotta go teach my class.

Hm, interesting. We seem to actually be making some progress here. At a
quick read, Richard's proposal sounds like Liberatopia to me. I agree
with Larry that there needs to be more understanding of the flow of
money and power. It's interesting that when a vision for society is
created separate from the label "Libertarian" we end up with something
which looks remarkably Libertarian. I think Larry is right that there
are a lot of Libertarian thinkers out there who don't realize they are
Libertarian.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com