 Off-Topic / Debate / 3610
Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 22:18:38 GMT

As such, any charitable organization or corporation contributing
its magic Libertopia money to a school or education factory would definitely
demand a say in what is taught.  Ideally, of course, this would be altruistic,
but in reality it would forward the political, social, and economic agendas
and value systems of the contributors, regardless of the wishes of the
families whose children are taught at such institutions.

So let me see... your point is, these putative people who are dependent on the
kindness of strangers because they're what, chronic crack smokers, deserve some
sort of say in what morality their children are shown?

I guess if you want things just exactly your own way, pay for them yourself. If
you want stuff for free, guess what, it comes with strings.

Or are you saying that when you sign up for a free ISP you shouldn't get ads
along the edges? The current system is broken. Instead of taking potshots at
ideas posited by others and claiming you're entitled to this, and entitled to
that, and entitled to the other thing too, why don't you tell US what your
solution is. I'd love to hear it. More government spending, perhaps?

++Lar