 Off-Topic / Debate / 3529
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 22:12:38 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote:

Scott E. Sanburn <ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote:
That's a good summation, if only I would prefer it to at least get to
the community level. However, during the current administration, I don't

Surprisingly enough, I agree with you on this in many ways, although there
are some problems where I see a federal (or yes, even global) government as
unavoidable. And I think that those problems are ones that are increasing
more and more as we have a more globally-connected economy -- more and more
things are naturally becoming greater than local issues.

Ugh, no global government, please! Ours is bad enough, thank you very
much! I would love to see that monster come out. Speaking of the Bible,
Matt, did you ever read Revelations? The one world government?

Question: if it's bad for governments to be huge and removed from the
people, doesn't the same thing apply to corporations? Wouldn't it be better
if they were also accountable at the community level?

Corporations are private organizations, made by citizens. They are
totally different than the government, and the public has no right to
tell them what to do. Shareholders do. I think this evil corporations
deal is just plain wrongheaded. I guess I can correlate this way: I feel
the same about government as you do on corporations. However, you can
boycott corporations if you don't like them. I get arrested and thrown
in jail.

Scott S.