 Off-Topic / Debate / 3515
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 19:34:03 GMT

Scott E. Sanburn <ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote:
the basics is very important, learning about the environment is not as
important, IMO. I don't equate environmentalism with knowledge that will
help you throughout life.

Well, if you don't learn anything else, it probably won't. But stewardship
of our resources is one of our most important tasks as human beings, and it
arguably benefits everyone to learn tools to help with that.

(From a christian standpoint: this is one of the first commandments god
gives to humans, in Genesis 1:26-28. A good ruler takes care of that which
he or she rules -- consider the parable of the talents in Matthew 25.)