 Off-Topic / Debate / 3510
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:58:57 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote:

Depends where you live in the US!

That is true, especially places like Washington, DC, etc.

Where I lived in Elkhart, Indiana [1] as a
child, it was fairly routine to hear gunshots. Not in the "nicer" parts of
town, or in the suburban areas, of course, but certainly where I was. I
remember finding a sawed-off shotgun in the bushes by my middle school.

< sarcasm >
Isn't there a law against fire arms being within 500 feet of a school?
How could such a thing happen?
< /sarcasm >

I have heard gunshots in Flint, MI, every now and then, but it does
happen. I also heard them in the country, where hunting for deer, etc.
as well.

but I know what I know from what I read, from what I observe, and how I
behave, and what I believe in. If your indication is that I need to know
more, simply because you think you are the world expert on everything
(Your tone indicates this, BTW), you are wrong sir, and I would rather

I don't think his tone indicates this _at all_. It sounded to me that his
implication was that everyone, including himself, could stand to know more.

Hmm.. I agree everyone could stand to learn more, myself included, but I
picked up that he knew about so much, I am just naive. Maybe personal
viewpoint. Oh well, I guess I am just to stupid to contemplate how
wonderful leftism (Fill in the blank for whatever system you believe in)
is.

Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator/CAD Operator-Affiliated Engineers ->
http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html