 Off-Topic / Debate / 3500
Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:14:49 GMT

Scott E. Sanburn <ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote:
Didn't the original Coca-Cola have cocaine in it, for that extra midday
boost (1), when it first came out?

Yes, that's true. Cocaine was originally not realized to be harmful and
thought of as medicinal. When it became apparent that there might be some
health concerns, Coca-Cola removed it from their product.

But this isn't necessarily a promise that all corporations will be so nice
in the future. Cigarette companies don't seem to be into removing nicotine
from their product. And Coca-Cola certainly still uses caffeine.