 Off-Topic / Debate / 3399
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 04:59:33 GMT

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000 04:17:06 GMT, mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller)
wrote:

Subsidies are government limits? (I don't think the government should put
"limits" on farmers. But -- and this isn't a point I want to argue here
because I haven't researched the economic realities so I'm not qualified --
I think subsidies could potentially have a place. So what am I supposed to
say?)

Subsidies have a place if you are of the opinion that it is in the
National Interest to be selfsufficient to a degree in food. In a
sense, farming subsidies are a part of National Defense.

Jasper