 Off-Topic / Debate / 3314
Re: Art and Property ZRights
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 19:08:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:

I'm going to step out on a limb here, and try and weave something
together from the two debates we have going on.

ASSERTIONS:

1. Art is something that is created with intent to evoke an emotional
response.

Some art is intended to create an intellectual response, not emotional, or as
an aid to meditation (Mark Rothko's "glowing squares"), or....

2. The VALUE of art is something which can only be determined by the
viewer OR the entity displaying the art (which could be the artist).

Each will assign their own unique value.

3. "Public" funding of art is wrong because of both 1 and 2.

When Libertarians are the majority party, I'll worry about it.
(Joke!  Joke, joke, joke...)

The rest was all interesting reading.  I have no comment beyond I enjoyed
reading it.

Bruce