 Off-Topic / Debate / 3299
Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 17:57:50 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote:

Scott E. Sanburn <ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote:
agenda, which IMHO, is embedded into it. Like health care, housing,
education, etc. I do think a proper outline of rights were outlined by

You're against health care, housing, and education? My goodness, in that
case I'm certainly proud to be a leftist.

I am not for the leftist view of government taxing us to death for
everyone's ability to have health care, education, etc. I work two jobs,
I am starting my own business, and I think the left's view of these
being rights is both absurd and unfounded. How can you say I am against
this when I said:

"I think this whole debate is going off on what I was trying to say. I
think the UN universal rights are garbage, simply because their leftist
agenda, which IMHO, is embedded into it. Like health care, housing,
education, etc. I do think a proper outline of rights were outlined by
the founding fathers. That's all. Whether those rights are made by God,
pink elephants, etc. is another debate. I think adding rights to the
natural law, which I think the UN is doing,  is a not a good thing to
do."

Education, health care, housing, etc. is not right, IMO, (Contrary to
what I am guessing you think it is) and this country was founded on the
principle of small government, not the monstrosity it is today, being a
wealth distribution service.

Scott S.