 Off-Topic / Debate / 3297
  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

<3874CFB7.C78E8E40@voyager.net> <slrn879jtn.95s.matt...ia.bu.edu> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit (...) I'm not sure. I haven't carried out an exhaustive analysis of the rights involved. I would tend to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Patents and IP and stuff (was Re: Goodness of Man? etc)

(...) What happens in the case of "obvious" developments? "Obvious" is of course difficult to judge (which is why it merits quotation marks) but take this theoretical example: I live in a very primitive society. We've just started developing ideas. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) I think ideas are not identical to physical items, and therefore not identical to physical property. But it is very useful to extend our concepts for dealing with physical property to the realm of ideas. Tangent: this is something to be (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)