 Off-Topic / Debate / 3285
Re: Swearing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 15:56:36 GMT

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 05:12:45 GMT, John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net>
wrote:

So are you saying that we can only recognize art in retrospect?  And since we

No.

cannot know how the future will deem our (the present) work, then we shall not try
and judge it now?

I'm not saying you can't judge it.

I'm saying you can't say it isn't art, but that doesn't at all
preclude you from saying it's _bad_ art.

I'm searching for a definition, not an inclusive data base.

The definition doesn't exist, short of an inclusive data base.

Jasper