 Off-Topic / Debate / 3273
Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 13:59:07 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
which I shan't bother to refute till you've reviewed the posts in the
past that deal with it and tried to refute THEM. Merely asserting that
the moon is made of green cheese doesn't actually make it so, you know.

Fair enough -- I admit to joining the debate in progress. There's several
thousand posts in this newsgroup; discussing them all becomes an
ever-increasing burden to entry. Could you point me to several in particular
that you'd like me to discuss?

[1] Note that Jefferson disagrees with Locke and Larry about the property
thing. *grin*
Citation please? Even Jefferson can be wrong once in a while... he

I'm just remarking that Jefferson has changed Locke's "life, liberty,
and estate" to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Not
necessarily a representation of Jefferson's beliefs as a whole, but a very
interesting change, don't you think?