 Off-Topic / Debate / 3264
Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 05:14:34 GMT

<38741A57.AE0161C3@voyager.net> <slrn8787ug.nkk.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu>

Matthew Miller wrote:
Lar said:
<goals may be laudable but that doesn't make them rights>
What's the difference?

Well, if you don't know the difference, or don't know that some of us
feel there is a difference, and why, you're rather late to this party.
Probably 20% of the posts in this group touch on this fundamental point.

<snipped a bunch of muddled thinking claiming that anything we want can
be somehow magically transformed into a right merely by majority fiat,
as if wishes were fishes>...

which I shan't bother to refute till you've reviewed the posts in the
past that deal with it and tried to refute THEM. Merely asserting that
the moon is made of green cheese doesn't actually make it so, you know.

[1] Note that Jefferson disagrees with Locke and Larry about the property
thing. *grin*

Citation please? Even Jefferson can be wrong once in a while... he
apparently denied paternity in a rather less than honorable way, near as
I can tell.