 Off-Topic / Debate / 3172
  Re: Lucky Americans

(...) Your point is well taken, although I'd go farther and say that 10 an hour isn't considered by everyone as 'doing well', if that's the wage that a single wage earner is making. It is HARD to get by on 400 a week pretax (that's about 20K a (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lucky Americans

No, it's bloody IMPOSSIBLE to get by on $400/week POST-tax in my area, unless you have multiple earners in a household. With rents at $1200+ for any area short of slums around here, $400/wk barely pays the rent. Don't get me started on that :-/ (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)