 Off-Topic / Debate / 307
Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 21:12:27 GMT

Beaker <beaker@havoc.gtf.org> wrote:
Also sprach Matt Hanson:
: You have more articulately described what I was hoping that I would not
: have to.  I don't think there was a single word I disagreed with, other
: than the part about your seemingly condoning discreet extramarital
: affairs.

I *do* condone discreet affairs ... I do not see what the possible
relevance is to being capable of leading a country.  But if your
behavior gets you into trouble, and you try to subvert the legal system
to avoid it, you should reap the whirlwind.  Not for the sex, but for
the attempted cover-up.

You know, if Bill & Hillary have an understanding that it is "ok" for
each of them them to sleep around, then I could understand what you're
saying.

If, however, they have the kind of marriage that the vast majority of
people enter into, one with an implicit understanding of faithfulness,
I don't understand it.

So you either can accept that he's breaking his vows to his wife and
she doesn't mind, which makes sense, because if she doesn't mind why
should you?  Or you're saying that you condone the violating of one
person's trust by another.  Which is the same as lying, right?

Lying is irrelevant to leading a country?

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET