 Off-Topic / Debate / 2913
  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) A firewall is generally a machine on the internet at large, yes. The things protected by it aren't, in the sense that some things are filtered out by said firewall. A firewall is logically, and usually physically, not a webserver, or a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jasper Janssen writes: <snipped Q&D explanation of firewalls & so forth> (...) I will bow to your expertise. Yes, I did (instinctively) take your reference to webserver to mean a physical box - that's probably because if (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) I should have realised it sooner. However, it's best to remember, that when discussing theory, it's best to think in "theoretical" boxes rather than actual ones. (...) Heh. (...) They're quite possibly fairly irrelevant on Lugnet, what with it (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)